Thursday, March 02, 2006

OK, ready to share pictures!

But first...this is too funny: Knitting Olympics News

OK, now...the Clapotis. I have to admit that the more time and yarn I put into this the more I was thinking, "this better be worth it!" And, boy, was it! I love this thing!



Here is showing you how long it is. I used 7 1/2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden in color 230. 4 skeins were given to me by Laura (my KR secret pal (not sure which #)








Here I am modeling it as it is pictured on the front of the pattern.

I'm afraid I really am that pale, by the way.













And it is big enough to wear as a shawl.










And, tah dah! The socks! Love 'em! This yarn, I think I mentioned, is Knit Picks Sock Landscapes. This was also a present from Laura--isn't she the best???









And I thought Marmalade had been watching me knit a little too closely.

Look what I caught under the coffee table!



I think he was making pretty good progress, but his claws kept picking the yarn. Ah, well.

3 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Clapotis is awesome! and definitely your colors.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Sayward said...

The clapotis is beautiful! What wonderful colours. And the socks!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger UPALLNITE said...

Marmalade! Just what I said when I saw his upsidedownness in the March pic! Such a handsome boy! Oh, and Clapotis is awesome. Wonder If it could be translated into a weaving?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home