Tuesday, February 07, 2006

No Olympics for me

Due to a technical difficulty I will not be joining in on the Knitting Olympics. I ordered the yarn and it arrived. I put it aside and thought nothing of it. Then last night as I was dozing off it suddenly occurred to me that I CAN NOT do this particular sweater (well, any sweater for me) in this particular color (Grass Shine from KnitPicks). It is very close to kelly green and would not be a good color for me. I am returning it and I have ordered the color that I thought I had ordered but somehow did not. I don't think it will make it by Feb 10th and I don't want to sign up and not be able to participate (deadline is tonight). However, should it show in time I might be an alternate on the sidelines--prepared to step in if needed.

I am 3/4 done threading the heddles. I'm still not sure what pattern (?) I will do but it will have to be with a straight draw. I was thinking of a mock satin but I don't know. I'm just happy that I'm that much closer to starting. I'm going to try to beam the warp on my own but I think I'm going to have to have some help. My goal is to have someting going by this weekend so that J sees that I am serious about this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home