Thursday, February 15, 2007

In the closet

Have you ever been embarrassed by your inability to follow through and finish anything...ok, everything! Have you ever hidden the fact that you just casted on your ump-tenth project while so many neglected projects are staring you in the face?

I started something today that I don't want to tell even my closest friend (so instead I will post it on a publicly accessible blog--shows how much I think it is read!). Actually, the item is something that I have thought about knitting for a friend (different friend) for awhile. I finally got the book (SnB Nation) and the yarn (Cascade Pastaza) and decided that I needed yet another distraction. Did I mention that it was suppose to be a Christmas present?

Ok, on a more productive note...finished items!!!


This is my nephew, E, with his Very Hungry
Caterpillar. Cute, huh? Of course, he is more interested in the gift bag. Typical man.















And this is my niece, T, with her Huggable Hedgehog and book. Notice how the stuffed hedgehog has a woolly red hat just like the one in the book.










I know these are Christmas pictures and I know that it is the day after Valentine's Day. I know. But I just realized that for nearly all the UFOs I have, I have probably as many FOs. Nearly. I hope to acknowledge that in the next few posts. But don't hold your breath cuz we all know I am notorious for disappearing for months on end.

OH! I joined Bluemoon Fiber's Socks that Rock Club !!! I am so excited! The first kit arrives around the 1st week in March. In the meantime, I have also joined http://samkal3.blogspot.com/index.html and am nearly done with my first pair!



OH!!!! AND I finished my Jaywalkers!




yarn: Brown Sheep Wildfoote
colorway: Rock n Roll

needle: Addi Natura size 2 (I think! 1 or 2)

I'm very proud and wear them every occasion I get!






OK, enough for now. I have to admit that maybe my true motivation for sitting down and starting this blog thing up again was avoidance of house cleaning.



I have issues....

3 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those kids are too cute and so are their "pets". Great job on the jaywalkers too.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger CPAKnit said...

Hi Tanya!- Where have you been? I thought you went to Europe and just decided never to come back. The kids are cutie pies- I bet Grandma is very proud.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Andi said...

PS - where can I get the pattern for the Very Hungry Caterpillar?!? Too adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home